Sunday, March 7, 2010

My New Boat Part 3


Scott and I finished the paint job around February 21st. We took my son Daniel out on Lake Washington after his birthday party for a test drive. I was quite pleased with how well the boat planes and how it cuts through the chop We zipped from Magnuson Park in Seattle all the way across the lake to Kirkland in no time. My 15hp motor feels like 115hp to me.


Over the last 2 weeks I've installed Scotty Anchor Mounts at the bow and the stern. Also, with some help from my buddies, Scott and Mark, I am constructing plywood platforms between the bench seats. Next, I will carpet the platforms. Future goals include getting oars and oar locks, wiring an electrical system, adding a bow mount trolling motor, and installing a permanent depth finder.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some handsome boys in that boat!

    ReplyDelete